clara chan. 19. trying to figure things out.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
mysterious ways
Hey all. Its recess week but I’ve been busy. Two two thousand word reports is simply nto fun at all. =(
But anyway, this week has once again made me realize that life is highly unpredictable and God in or my case the Goddess of Mercy works in many ways. Well, after settling down into ntu and stuff and totally over all the uni apps stuff, I got an email from anu saying that I’ve been accepted.
It’s absolutely insane. Before gaining acceptance into ntu, I was dying to get into anu, as it offered me everything that I wanted, from a school with international recognition to the double major in political science and international relations. Even after I got into ntu, I said that if anu accepted me, I’ll definitely leave. But I never ever thought that they would actually accept me, cause well, I did really badly. But now that they did, my whole world has just gotten a little more complicated.
The decision as of Monday was that I would stay. Cause well, many reasons actually. When my dad said that, I felt relieved yet saddened. And I was surprised by such an emotion. I knew that I want to stay but was passing up such an offer a wise decision? If we were to compare the 2 schools, anu is the very obvious choice. It is ranked 16th in the world and it is well known for its political science and international relations. Plus the professors are advisors to the government and stuff.
But it’s so far away from home and I really like ntu so far. So I don’t know! gosh. This is just so insane. From being completely unwanted to having to choose between three schools, with one being a total dream come true. But is it really a dream when I have to pay 200k for it?
Life just gets better man…
5:12 pm