clara chan. 19. trying to figure things out.
Friday, July 04, 2008
smiles =)
Hey! A miracle happened, my prayers were finally answered, I’m, finally an undergrad in a local u. =) I guess during this whole episode, I was really able to see who I could count on and know who I should throw out the window. To those that I can really count on, that I really depend on, even a gazillion thanks can’t express my gratitude. You listened to every single whine without ever complaining, you let me cry my eyes out and never once let me feel like I was really doomed. Thank you. I cannot imagine what it could have been without you guys.
Hearing the relief in my grandma’s voice was indescribable. Knowing how much she wanted me here and knowing that I will be here was just amazing. This is why I want to stay, to be here for those who mean so much to me. =)
Anyway enough bout that. The past few weeks had been amazing cause I spent so much time with my friends! =) I meet my choir peeps almost every week and the same goes with oh. And each time we meet, we have so much fun that I never want the outing to end. But I feel so so guilty. Cause I haven’t seen people like lyn, cin and my besties in weeks! And I seriously mean that. it might have just crossed a month actually. =( and I do want to see them soon, but somehow, our schedules always clash. =( I need to make not that happen again! I need to make sure we meet!
But yesterday was great, I met up with sam, nic, oh and the boys. Even though I talk to sam and nic quite often, we haven’t had a group-gossip outing in months! And I mean that! The same goes for the boys, we used to see each other all the time in school last year, and I saw them again after months too. The outing was great, no it was awesome. Cause all we did was talk and laugh. I miss all that craziness and feeling so comfortable with nothing to worry about. I hope we can meet up again, but school’s starting and they’ll have a’s. =(
Anyway, I’ve been teaching again! =) the kids always, always makes me smile. No matter how angry I get with them, how tired I am, I always look forward to see them. Cause their life consists of nothing petty, nothing complicated and anything major is over in ten minutes. My class had an art lesson on Indian culture today and they did the traditional rice paintings. And while some kids fought over the designs they got, they were laughing like no tomorrow five minutes later. It made me smile and miss childhood. Things now are so complicated and fights are hardly forgotten. Maybe that’s why I refused to stop teaching, cause I want to be around them, to soak in all their happiness and carefree attitude, to be a kid again. =)
ps: to student, whoever you are, thanks. =) it's so odd that a student needs to advise his/her teacher, but life's never prefect and i always maintain my stand that no matter how old you are, you can make a difference in someone's life. and you did, to mine. =)
2:06 am