clara chan. 19. trying to figure things out.
Friday, February 15, 2008
random rants
Hey all! =) feeling kinda random right now, so I’ll guess this post will be filled with random thoughts. Heh.
Random rant 1: HAPPY LUNUR NEW YEAR! =) It’s kinda cool hanging more with the family and making tons of noise just because we can and we need not worry about the neighbours complaining. And the ang baos rock too! =) but I think I will put most in the bank this time. Strangely enough, I didn’t feel the adrenaline rush of hitting the malls and spending half of my ang bao money on clothes shoes and books anymore. Ok fine I did go shopping, but it was to update my wardrobe with clothes for work. And I didn’t use my ang bao money. So yea. This year started off with a trip to the temple to pray for a good year ahead. I have always found cny far more meaningful then 1/1 cause the latter is far more commercialised than cny. So anyways, I prayed for tons of things this year. But before you say anything, I prayed for stuff like health for my family members, security and stuff. So yea. It means more to me then praying that I beat so and so in A’s.
Random rant 2: I’VE RECEIVED MY FIRST PAYCHECK! Ok technically not the first if you count in the one I got for subbing for my bro. but it is the first for a rather stable job. So yippe! =) decided to give some to my parents, grandparents and bro. I don’t know why but I just felt like I should. And Justin Chan, I want my bumper pay ok! Haha. And I decided to buy myself a little something as well. =) after much consideration, I decided to buy the pair of havianas slippers that I’ve been eyeing for ages!

i got the brown one. =) isn't it pretty? =)
Random rant 3: the wait to collect my results in totally killing me! Ok the thought of seeing my grades is killing me too, but having everyone reminding you that d day is approaching totally kills you. And when you have a dad and a bro randomly calling you at work to tell you that “the news just confirmed that you’ll be collecting your grades in _ days” you simply go insane. Someone help me!
Random rant 4: been teaching morning session more often now. And I kinda miss the p1 and p2 kids. Especially 1I! That class is just filled with the most adorable kids around! And they say the cutest things! =) plus my cousin is in that class! =)
Me: hey I’m going home first yea? Have fun in school!
Clarissa (my cousin): ok, bye bye miss chan!
So I slowly walk away from her class then Jeng Hom( her classmate) pulls my hand.
Jeng Hom: why so early? (and he looks at me with the cutest eyes ever!)
Clara: cause I was here in the morning, my shift is over. Have fun in school too! =)
Jeng Hom: oh ok. But must visit me too! =) cause I only see you in school, not like clarissa. =(
They are just so cute.
but teaching morning is cool too, at least I have the afternoon to meet up with friends or got some stuff done. Plus whatever it is I get paid! =) but I’m started to enjoy teaching more and more so I don’t mind what session or what class I teach. =) ok maybe I mind what class, haha! But still, I’m welcoming whatever job comes my way, morning or afternoon. =)
Random rant 5: had diner at uncle win’s place just the other day and it was great! And my uncle is super funny! My dad was saying how he prefers Europe to the states cause of the stronger culture.
Dad: US has become a bit too cos, cos
Me: cosmopolitan
Dad: yes, too cosmopolitan for my liking.
Uncle win: what is cosmopolitan?
Me: erm more diverse culture?
Uncle win nods.
Uncle win: wait, diverse is what?
Me: (already laughing my head off) erm like maybe out of 10 people in new york, about 9 are not Americans.
Uncle win: oh! So you mean 9 are blacks lah?
Hahahah! The whole table was laughing by then. my uncle is just super funny. =)
Ok my random post is super long. So see yaz soon peeps! =)
10:15 pm