clara chan. 19. trying to figure things out.
Monday, January 28, 2008
recap!

c cube outing! =)

liesl's birthday
The past week was kinda crazy but it was fab! =) I taught twice, once on Monday for p1 and p2 kids and another time on thurs for p4 and p5. the best part of it all? On mon I had mel mel and on thurs I had liesl! So I was never bored! =) I love my job! =) even though on thurs I was so furious with this class that I wanted to slap a few of them, it’s what I want to do as a post-a’s-waiting- for- results-and-entry-into-uni job. But seriously, that class was insane. They really had no respect for me, their peers or themselves. I really wonder what were they trying to prove, and what do they actually want in life. Ok, they may be too young to think of that, but seriously, when you have students who threaten to jump off the block over a spelling test, those who make snide remarks every ten seconds and those we try to take over your spot as the teacher, you do wonder how they would eventually turn out in life. And somehow or rather I’m worried.
Despite that horrendous class, I do hope to teach more, but this time I would definitely rather stick to just p1 an p2, who may be mischievous and noisy, they generally give you the respect and listen to you when you’re conducting classes. I will never forget teaching 2I English, who were noisy but yet they listened to me and participated actively; they were simply a joy to teach. I really hope to teach them again. =)
On mon, farewell dinner for sam at nyny! Had to rush down from work and I was just so stoned and tired throughout dinner. But it was cool just meeting up with the rest and talking. C cube always rocks! =) I doubt we will be having another farewell dinner soon since elroy and cong only enlist in april.
Miss liesl Khoo celebrated her 19th birthday on thurs! I just turned 18 less then a month ago and she turned 19. Great. Haha. But it doesn’t matter anymore, since once you cross the 18 year old mark, you can pretty much do anything. But it did matter when she was turning 16 and 18 cause it meant that she could do a lot of things that I couldn’t. Shopping for her gift with cheryl was kinda funny cause we weren’t sure if we got the right notebook! But we did, so phew! The night was spent pretty much talking about our students that day and reminiscing about our childhood years. It’s really hard to imagine that we grew up together and despite us moving on to other schools, we’re still buddies. Uncle spencer and aunty florence was so busy telling everyone at the party that they used to drive us around and now that we’re either already holding a driver’s license or in the midst of getting one, they don’t need to do that anymore! I really hope that we’ll still remain friends in the future, especially since charles toh is flying off in a couple of weeks for his uni, a big question mark to that looms around. Anyways, Happy Birthday again girl and really glad that you like the notebook! =)
Friday night was the 4e2 reunion dinner! Awesome fun man! Almost full force too, which makes things even better! =) everyone was relaxed and happily chatting and laughing non stop. It was the kind of atmosphere that I really miss, since a7 totally failed to deliver even a slightest tinge of it. Despite having our own little cliques, we all gelled together as one and everyone was able to simply be themselves and enjoy each other’s company. This is what a class should feel like, and 4e2 will always remain as the best. =) More reunions soon yea? Miss you guys tons.
Oh get this, the school just called, I’ll have to teach the pesky p4 class again. And thank goodness this time for a much shorter period. They better listen this time, if not, in comes the principle!
Wish me luck!
10:54 pm