clara chan. 19. trying to figure things out.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
new year
HAPPY NEW YEAR! (even though I’m about two weeks late! Oh wells.)
A new year, a new start, a new beginning. It’s kinda crazy to start the new year without the insanity of school, the mad rush to complete any undone holiday homework and knowing that another year of exams has begun. For once in like 18 years, ok maybe lesser then that since pre school doesn’t count, I need not wake up at 6 and start yelling at my bro that we have to rush for school/camp. But the craziest thing is; I kinda actually miss that.
Even though my life of slacking is kinda neat, I find myself reminiscing more then ever about being in school. When I went back for orientation, I realized that I miss walking around the hallways, sitting around in the café and most of all, being with my friends. Yea I can still meet them for coffee or whatever, but it feels different. Like in school you can just bump into them and chat happily or after a simple phone call they’ll meet you in like ten minutes. But now it seems that you need to book them in advance to meet them, and you no longer see them as often as before. It makes me wonder and regret why I didn’t appreciate school more when I could.
But anyways, a new year, a new start a new beginning. I guess one thing I need to do this year is to appreciate things even more and cherish every single moment that I’ve been blessed with. =)
Ps: to my couz keith and my lovely juniors, study hard yea? I know somewhere along the race, you guys will feel tired, pissed and basically experience a whirlwind of emotions, but remember that that’s ok. Just keep moving and continue to strive to achieve the best that you can do, cause you should and will settle for no less then the best. =) love always.
Pss or pps( who cares!): returning to school to watch orientation made e realized that I really miss orientation! Being an ogl and looking after those monkeys from og1. haha. You kids will always be special to me. Take care! =)
8:45 pm