clara chan. 19. trying to figure things out.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
an end to an amazing journey
12/7/07-the end of a remarkable journey; the start of something new.
Council came to an emotional end on Thursday and till now I can’t let go. The memories of what council has brought to me kept flashing before my very eyes and each time I feel a pang in my heart. Council is a journey that has showered me with blessings and I’m so thankful for each and every one of them.
To my fellow 29th:
Thanks for such an amazing journey that I would have never completed without each and every one of you by my side. Things were never completely smooth sailing, but you stood by me and made sure that we ran the race together as one. Thanks for teaching me stuff that I never knew and most importantly, thanks for teaching me stuff about me that I NEVER knew. My perception on life has widened and my life in jc has been greatly enriched by you. My first year was tough, and council room and you guys were where I seek refuge from the harshness of reality. Some of you that I’ve grown close too, thanks for listening to my constant whining and being worried over my ugly eye bags. To those that I’ve not gotten to know well, a year is too short and I feel an incredible sense of regret that I didn’t have the privilege to talk to you and hang out with you. All those wacky times and support that you have given me will be etched in my mind forever. I do hope that I’ll be able to maintain the friendships that I’ve gained and to the 29th, once again THANK YOU. I love each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.
To the teachers:
It is indeed a great honour and privilege to be able to work with you and our events would never have been so successful without your constant guidance, encouragement and support. Oh the cookies and snacks helped too! Haha thanks a million for believing in us and giving us the necessary smack in the face once a blue moon.
To my friends out of council:
Thanks for keeping me grounded and slapping me in order to get that much needed rest. Haha. So sorry for all the times that I had to pang seh you guys because of council work. It’s all over now; we can finally hang out once again. Throughout this whole journey, I lost a couple of friends and I’m so glad that I still have you guys, who cheered me up when i was down and reminding me that my panda eyes were going to be a permanent feature on my tired face if I hadn’t taken a break. Thanks for staying with me and bearing with my sleepy eyes and stoning mind throughout the past year. Thanks for listening to my never ending complains and helping me de stress but talking about anything else under the sun except work. Haha. Love you all and once I’m ungrounded, town it is! Haha.
To choir:
Hey yo! Whappening lah. Haha! Thanks for letting me go off for all my council meetings and when I come in tired and gone, you guys let me rest and never once yelled at me,. Ok maybe some have, but who cares about those non c cubers?! Haha! Thanks lah guys, you know what I mean. =) love you.
And finally to my Family:
Thanks for bearing with me when I came home every night, exhausted and stressed out. And thanks for fetching me regardless of whatever insane hour I was done and thanks for reminding me that I was a student first and everything else came second. I love my family! J
Council has allowed me to meet some of the greatest people in sa and granted me the best opportunities that I’ll never get anywhere else. Council has given me the chance to meet amazing people, not just in council, but those out of council, the other cca leaders, the people that we’ve worked with and my crazy j1s. I’m really glad that I made friends with these people, and am able to count on them whenever and wherever. The memories will never be forgotten and I’m hoping to see you guys soon!
Council is a journey that brings you through a whirlwind of emotions, but at the end of the day, you know it;s worth every smile, tear, laughter and eye bag. =)
And for the last time, the 29th student council
11:43 am